Amsterdam, 13 July 2020
Following the Scottish government’s lifting of the lockdown and the reopening of St. Enoch Centre in Glasgow today, Multi is pleased to announce that all of our centres under management across Europe and Turkey are now open, in accordance with the latest guidance from the respective national governments.
Health & Safety Concept
Ensuring the safety of consumers, retailers and employees remains Multi’s top priority. In early April, Multi set up a dedicated task force to coordinate preparations for the reopening of its retail destinations across the portfolio. As part of this initiative, the company drew up comprehensive plans to ensure social distancing and clear safety guidance.
Multi has introduced a series of measures to keep its customers safe at its retail destinations. These measures include:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, with a clear focus on key customer touch points.
- Installation of fixed hand sanitation stations.
- Clear signage throughout our centres reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance and other (country-specific) government regulations.
- Using the centres’ communication channels, including social media and digital in-centre displays, to remind visitors about how to stay safe.
- Live footfall and occupancy monitoring to ensure shopping centres do not exceed current capacity limits.
- Introduction of queuing systems at entrances to manage capacity when necessary.
- Introduction of one-way systems (where necessary).
Rüdiger Dany, Chief Operations Officer, said: “We are pleased to welcome back all of our tenants and visitors across Europe and Turkey. It has been an extraordinarily challenging time for everyone, and we are very grateful to the key workers and our centre management staff, who have done such a great job in recent months. Thanks to the resilience of our tenants, most stores in our centres are now open for business. Of course, we are strictly adhering to any restrictions that remain in force, but we are pleased with the responsibility our communities are showing in maintaining effective social distancing.”