1 | Introduction
Multi Corporation B.V. (together with its group companies, ‘Multi’ or ‘we’) is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. We only use your personal data legitimately and responsibly in line with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
In this Privacy Statement, we describe who is responsible for processing your personal data, what personal data we process, when we process your personal data, why we process your personal data, and how we process your personal data. Furthermore, we will explain how you can exercise your privacy rights and all other information that may be relevant to you.
We did our best to provide you with all information in a clear and readable format. However, if you have any questions about our use of your personal data after reading this Privacy Statement, you can of course always contact us by using the contact details set out in paragraph ‘More information?’.
We are continually developing and improving our products and services, which might result in some changes to the way we are processing personal data. We will make sure to reflect these changes in this Privacy Statement. We recommend that you regularly take notice of this Privacy Statement for any modifications. At the bottom of this Privacy Statement you can read when this Privacy Statement has been modified for the last time.
2 | Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Multi Corporation B.V., located at Gustav Mahlerlaan 1025, 1082 MK Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and/or one or more group companies, depending (amongst others) on your location, is responsible (the controller) for processing your personal data.
This Privacy Statement does not apply when Multi processes personal data as processor in our capacity of asset and/or property manager of a property at the instruction and/or on behalf of an owner of such property (the controller). We refer to the controller’s privacy statement in such case.
3 | What personal data do we process?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, etc. Different pieces of information, which are collected together and can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data.
We may process the following categories of personal data, which we either receive directly from you or obtain through external parties and/or your use of Multi’s services and/or application(s).
- Private contact details (such as name, address, postal or email address, telephone number).
- Business contact details (such as job title, department, name of organisation).
- Demographic data (name, gender, date of birth, age, nationality).
- Application data (such as curriculum vitae, motivation).
- Financial data (such as bank account details, credit card number).
- Company details (such as address, trade register number, tax identification number).
- Account details (such as username and password).
- Marketing details (such as participation details, loyalty details, survey details).
- Interaction details (such as digital and/or written correspondence).
- (Online) identifiers, surfing data and visitor movement data (such as IP address, cookies, MAC address, browsing behaviour on our websites and applications, shopping behaviour and location).
- Data needed for security and fraud prevention (such as official identification details, CCTV recordings).
- Data needed to comply with anti-bribery and corruption laws and other regulatory requirements (such as suspected and actual criminal behaviour, criminal records or proceedings regarding criminal or unlawful behaviour).
- Image data (such as photos, video images).
4 | When do we process your personal data?
We may process your personal data when:
- you access our website and/or use our application(s);
- you visit our office(s) and/or shopping centre(s);
- you contact us and/or subscribe to our newsletter(s);
- you take part in our survey(s), marketing event(s) and/or campaign(s);
- you apply for a position and/or attend a recruitment event;
- you, or the organization through whom you are known to us, operate(s) as our existing or prospective investors, business partners, tenants, and/or clients.
5 | Why do we process your personal data?
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
Communication and marketing
We process your personal data for the purpose of managing relationships and marketing, such as sending a newsletter, maintaining and promoting contact with our existing or prospective investors, business partners, tenants, clients and visitors, account management, service and support, and development, execution and analysis of surveys and marketing strategies.
Quality and management purposes
We process your personal data to monitor and improve the quality of our services and products, processes and systems, to inform our management and existing or prospective investors, to implement controls, to conduct analysis, to execute (de)mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and to perform (internal) audits and investigations.
Execution of an agreement
We process your personal data to prepare, effect, perform and (possibly) terminate agreements with you or existing or prospective investors, business partners, tenants and/or clients.
Health, safety and security
We process your personal data to ensure persons’ life or health and the safety of our visitors, to protect Multi and our employees, and for the prevention and detection of crime.
Laws and regulations
We process your personal data to comply with laws and regulations.
6 | How do we process your personal data?
6.1 Lawfulness of processing
Multi may process personal data on the following legal grounds:
The performance of an agreement
We process your personal data, which is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you, or the organization through whom you are known to us, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement.
Compliance with a legal obligation
We process your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests, such as:
- to improve the quality and effectiveness of our services and products;
- to protect the interests of our investors, business partners, tenants, clients, and visitors;
- to detect health, safety and security incidents;
- to defend ourselves in legal proceedings;
- to comply with laws and regulations.
If we cannot process your personal data on the basis of one of the previous three (3) legal grounds, we can only process your personal data with your prior consent. You may always withdraw your consent. Please bear in mind that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal.
Multi processes personal data it has collected for the purposes as identified above on the following legal grounds:
6.2 Categories of recipients
We may provide your personal data to the following categories of recipients.
We may share your personal data with our existing or future investor(s) and one or more group companies.
Business service companies
We may provide your personal data to our agents, service providers, external auditors and/or sub-contractors.
We may provide your personal data to public authorities:
- to comply with a statutory obligation, court order or law and regulation; or
- if this is necessary to prevent, trace or prosecute (criminal) offences; or
- if this is necessary to enforce our (internal) policies, or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
Each external party to which we provide your personal data with your prior consent.
6.3 Data transfers
We may transfer your personal data to third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We only do this if there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of personal data.
6.4 Retention periods
Your personal data is kept as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed or as long as allowed by laws or regulation. Hereinafter, your personal data will be deleted or made anonymous.
7 | How can you exercise your privacy rights?
You have the right to request access to an overview of your personal data, and under certain conditions, rectification and/or erasure of personal data. In addition, you also have the right of restriction of processing concerning your personal data, the right to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
To invoke your right of access, rectification, and/or erasure of personal data, your right of restriction of processing, and/or your right to object to processing as well as to invoke your right to data portability, please contact us by using the contact details set out above and in paragraph ‘More information?’.
Please keep in mind that we may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
8 | More information?
If you have any issues, queries or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data please contact our data protection officer at:
MULTI CORPORATION B.V.
Gustav Mahlerlaan 1025
1082 MK Amsterdam
You can lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority if, for example, you believe that we do not process your personal data carefully, or because you have sent us a request to access or rectification of your personal data and you are not satisfied with our reply, or we did not reply in a timely manner.
12 | When was the last modification made to this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement applies since 25 May 2018. The last modifications to this Privacy Statement were made on 26 October 2020.