Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Multi Corporation is a leading, Pan-European integrated service platform for retail real estate assets, managing approximately 100 retail assets. We are looking for a Development Manager to join the development team at our head office in Amsterdam.
Retail environments need to evolve and renew during their lifecycle if they want to remain relevant and attractive and continue to exceed the changing expectations of both shoppers and retailers. As a development manager, you will play an important role in this process. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals who are all focused to unleash the full potential of the shopping centres in our portfolio. You will report to the Chief Development Officer.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the project is run to quality standards and in time to mitigate risks.
- Managing wishes, requirements of stakeholders (tenants, investors, governments, sustainability requirements, etc.) for the design process.
- Managing projects across several departments/countries and support functions.
- Overseeing project team resources in a matrix environment.
- Developing and gaining agreement to project plans: determine, procure and manage appropriate resources internally/externally to deliver the projects, implement and maintain a consistent project management methodology.
- Managing all aspects of cross project risk, issues and contingency.
- Ensuring business sponsorship and engagement.
- Providing management reporting and updates.
- Communications of complex issues in simple report format to all levels in the organization.
- Managing forecast and planning.
- Facilitating and monitoring of budget requirements.
- Work with Finance to understand impact of any tasking or re-phasing on the project.
- Ensuring the project delivers the capability to enable the stated benefits.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a develop management role.
- University degree in the field of Architecture or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in retail real estate; developer or large retailer.
- Considers commercial opportunities and challenges of shopping centre.
- Project & time management, relationship & stakeholder management, interpersonal skills, awareness of politics/environment.
- Hands-on, self-starter, self-drive.
- Team/people leadership, communication & presentation skills, delivery management.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- A strong sense of responsibility and no nine-to-five mentality.
What Multi offers:
- A challenging job with a fun company to work for, with a no-nonsense culture and team of go-getters.
- Excellent employment terms and conditions.
- The opportunity to continue your professional and personal development, with investments from our side in both internal and external training courses and career development.
Please apply for this challenging job before 6 March 2020.